DIY CHICK EGG SHELL- PHOTOGRAPHY PROPS



I received plenty requests about my cute chick egg shell. Some of you were asking if I sell them. The answer is no, but after you see how easy and cheap it is to make them you wouldn't want to buy them anyway. I din't plan to post it so I didn't take lots of pictures during the process but hopefully I can explain it well enough. 

TO PREPARE A CHICH EGG SHELL YOU WILL NEED:
- a large plant pot
- scissors or sharp knife
- 2 packs of Plaster of Paris Bandages which are £1 each
you can find them <here>
- container with water

PREPARATION:
- you have to cut zigzag shape on top of the plant pot
- cut your plaster sheets to the size which is a bit longer than the length of the plant pot, so you can overlap it at the top
- dunk a sheet of plaster in the water and cover the plant pot surface and immediately smooth it with your hand. The more you rub it, the more plaster comes out of the sheet and the smoother the surface looks
- continue with each sheet individually and make sure you cover the whole surface equally
- leave it to dry for 24h





Comments

Popular Posts